Risk Manager (m/w)
About Touring Assurances
Member of the Axa Group, Touring Assurances is market leader in direct insurance in Belgium. Every day, our 170 staff are on hand to guarantee a quality and personalized service for our 150,000 customers and our partners.
Touring Assurances today remains a company that operates on a human scale. At its offices in the Tour & Taxis building in Brussels, at our satellite office in Tongeren and at the 10 shops located throughout Belgium, the atmosphere is friendly and informal, reflecting the spirit of a young and growing company.
Touring Assurances attaches great importance to its staff and the quality of interpersonal relations. Because it takes a solid team to meet everyday challenges and translate them into effective and innovative solutions for our customers.
Do you too have boundless energy, confidence in your abilities, and the desire to contribute to the success of a fast-growing company?
Please send your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Touring Assurances, Tour&Taxis, to the attention of Mrs. Vicky Honnette, Avenue du Port 86C b117, 1000 Brussels.
Your main responsibilities:
Reporting to the CRO, manage a Team of 3 Risk analysts in order to:
- Identify the main risks to which the Company is exposed
- Evaluate & validate quarterly the need of capital of the Company using the Internal Model and the Standard Formula
- Improve continuously the Validation Framework, including the Testing & Data Quality Framework
- Develop the Use Tests Framework of TATV: make the link between the strategic decisions made by the business and their impact on the level of capital at risk. In particular, improve the current Risk Appetite Framework
- Give second opinions on the pricing/product main evolutions and on the reserving policy in collaboration with the actuarial function holder, and produce second opinions on strategic plan, strategic projects & investment strategy.
- Propose Mitigation actions in order to reduce the Capital at Risk of the Company. In particular, conduct studies related to the renewal of reinsurance structure
- Communicate on the global risk structure and on the main risks TATV is exposed to, to the Management Committee through the annual update of the ORSA Report and through the Pilar III.
- Promote & disseminate the Risk Management Culture within the whole entity. In particular follow the evolution of the Operational Risk
General requirements & skills
- You have a Master/doctorate degree related to actuarial science, statistics, applied mathematics, civil engineer, commercial engineer or an equivalent scientific education
- Experience of more than 5 years of which at least 3 years in Risk Management NON-LIFE and statistical modelling.
- Knowledge of Solvency II
- Financial expertise
- You have strong communication, analytical and synthesis skills as well as strong organisational and editorial skills
- You know how to manage a team, you are a team player and you have a professional approach to time and deadlines
- Proficient in French or Dutch, written and spoken. Knowledge of English (written/spoken) is definitely an asset.
- You are flexible and you have the ability to handle late or unexpected changes in priorities, you are stress resistant
Key attraction of the job
- An attractive remuneration package
- A professional but friendly and positive working environment
- Training and ongoing coaching
- The potential to have a strong autonomy, in line with your skills and capacity